Smart Cities and Cognitive Communities
11:30 – 13:00, Hotel Golf, Concordia Hall
- Mr Blaž Golob, Director of SmartIScity Ltd, Slovenia
- Dr Yoshiaki Ichikawa, Head of Chief Architect Office, Global Center for Social Innovation, Research and Development Group of Hitachi, Ltd., Japan
- Dr Maja Makovec Brenčič, Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia
- Dr Anil Menon, Global President of Smart+Connected Communities at Cisco Systems Inc.
- Mr Davor Tremac, General Manager, South East Europe at Uber, Croatia
- Mr Makoto Watanabe, Executive Director of New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Japan
Moderated by: Ms Ajša Vodnik, Executive Director of AmCham Slovenia, Slovenia
Taking use of the information and communications technologies in order to enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of our urban populations is already rapidly advancing us to the age of smart cities. However, while the concept of smart cities is already well established, the next step is transforming these urban environments into comprehensive, intelligent and cognitive communities. Anything embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, will enable these objects to collect and exchange data – which is key to tackling inefficiency. The gathered information and knowledge will enable us to understand what is happening in our cities, how our communities are evolving, and how a better quality of life can be enabled.
To download the panel discussion backgrounder and guiding questions click here.